College of Plant Science and Technology,
Huazhong Agricultural University
Wuhan 430070, China.
Cell Phone: +86-13554408979
July, 2008 Ph.D. Pesticide Science, Nanjing Agriculture University, Nanjing, China
July, 2003 B.S. Plant Protection, Nanjing Agriculture University, Nanjing, China.
2018 Dec~2020 Aug: Visiting Scholar, Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS,USA
2013 Sep~present: Associate Researcher. Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, China.
2011 Nov~2013 Aug: Associate Researcher. Zhejiang Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Hangzhou, China
2011 Aug~2011 Nov: Visiting Scholar. USDA-ARS Southern Insect Management Research Unit, Stoneville, MS, USA.
2008 Jun~2011 Nov: Assistant researcher. Zhejiang Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Hangzhou, China
1. Physiological and Pharmacological studies of plant sap-sucking insect pests.
Plant sap-sucking insects has a unique feeding system, which could be used for digging novel targets for developing “green” insecticides. Our studies focus on the identification of physiological roles and pharmacological characterizations of key genes in the feeding and excretion system of rice planthoppers.
2. Monitoring and mechanism studies of insecticide resistance in rice insect pests.
Currently chemical pesticides is still widely used for the control of rice insect pests in China. Studies on monitoring resistance developing status and detecting resistance mechanism are quite necessary and helpful for directing the application of insecticides, resistance management and IPM for the control of rice pests.
1. Jinghua Zhu, Kunmiao Zhu, Liang Li, Zengxin Li, Weiwei Qin, Yoonseong Park, Yueping He*. Proteomics of the Honeydew from the Brown Planthopper and Green Rice Leafhopper Reveal They Are Rich in Proteins from Insects, Rice Plant and Bacteria, Insects, 2020,11: 582.
2. Jinghua Zhu, Xiaoqing Liu, Kunmiao Zhu, Hanyu Zhou, Liang Li, Zengxin Li, Weiwei Qin, Yueping He*. Knockdown of TRPV Genes Affects the Locomotion and Feeding Behavior of Nilaparvata lugens (Hemiptera: Delphacidae), Journal of Insect Science, 2020, 20: 9
3. Wenhong Li, Yu-Cheng Zhu, Fengliang Li, Yueping. He*. In silico discovery of genes encoding insecticide targets and detoxifying enzymes in Brevicoryne brassicae and Lipaphis erysimi. Journal of Asia-Pacific Entomology, 2020, 23: 159-166.
4. Siyi Liu, David R. Nelson, Jing Zhao, Hongxia Hua, Yueping He?. De novo transcriptomic analysis to reveal insecticide action and detoxification-related genes of the predatory bug, Cyrtorhinus lividipennis. Journal of Asia-Pacific Entomology, 2017, 20: 720–727.
5. Xiaoqing Liu, Hanyu Zhou, Jing Zhao, Hongxia Hua, Yueping He*. Identification of the secreted watery saliva proteins of the rice brown planthopper, Nilaparvata lugens (St?l) by transcriptome and Shotgun LC–MS/MS approach. Journal of Insect Physiology, 2016, 89: 60-69.
6. Yueping He, Juefang Zhang, Jianming Chen*. Effect of synergists on susceptibility to chlorantraniliprole in field populations of Chilo suppressalis (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae). Journal of Economic Entomology, 2014, 107: 791-796.
7. Yueping He, Juefeng Zhang, Congfen Gao, Jianya Su, Jianming Chen*, Jinliang Shen. Regression analysis of dynamics of insecticide resistance in field populations of Chilo suppressalis (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) during 2002–2011 in China. Journal of Economic Entomology, 2013, 106: 1832-1837.
8. Yueping He, Juefeng Zhang, Jianming Chen, Jinliang Shen. 2012. Using synergists to detect multiple insecticide resistance in field populations of rice stem borer. Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology, 103: 121–126.
9. Yueping He, Juefeng Zhang, Chen Jianming, Wu Quancong, Chen Li, Liezhong Chen, Xiao Pengfei, and Yu Cheng Zhu. 2011. Influence of pymetrozine on feeding behaviors of three rice planthoppers and a rice leafhopper using electrical penetration graphs. Journal of Economic Entomology, 104 (6): 1877-1884.
10. Yueping He, Chen Li, Chen Jianming, Juefeng Zhang, Liezhong Chen, Jinliang Shen and Yu Cheng Zhu. 2011. Electrical penetration graph evidence that pymetrozine toxicity to the rice brown planthopper is by inhibition of phloem feeding. Pest Management Science; 67 (4): 483–491.
11. Jun Zhu, Yueping He (contributed equally), Mingxing Gao, Zhou Weijun, Hu Jun, Shen Jinliang, Zhu Yu Cheng. 2011. Photodegradation of emamectin benzoate and its influence on efficacy against the rice stem borer, Chilo suppressalis. Crop Protection, 30 (10): 1356-1362.
12. Yue Ping He, Cong Fen Gao, Wen Ming Chen, Li Qin Huang, Wei Jun Zhou, Xu Gan Liu, Jin Liang Shen & Yu Cheng Zhu. Comparison of dose responses and resistance ratios in four populations of the rice stem borer, Chilo suppressalis (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae), to twenty insecticides. Pest Management Science, 2008, 64(3): 308-315.
13. Yue Ping He, Wen Ming Chen, Jin Liang Shen, Cong Fen Gao, Li Qin Huang, Wei Jun Zhou, Xu Gan Liu & Yu Cheng Zhu. Differential susceptibilities to pyrethroids in field populations of Chilo suppressalis (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae). Pesticide Biochemistry Physiology, 2007, 89, 12-19.
14. Yue Ping He, Cong Fen Gao, Ming Zhang Cao, Wen Ming Chen, Li Qin Huang, Wei Jun Zhou, Xu Gan Liu, Jin Liang Shen & Yu Cheng Zhu. Survey of susceptibilities to monosultap, triazophos, fipronil, and abamectin in the rice stem borer, Chilo suppressalis (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae). Journal of Economic Entomology, 2007, 100(6): 1854-1861.
15. He Yue-ping, Shao Zhen-run, Chen Wen-ming, Liang Gui-mei, Li Yong-ping, Zhou Wei-jun & Shen Jin-liang. Laboratory screening of alternative insecticides for highly toxic insecticides against the striped stem borer (Chilo suppressalis) on rice. Chinese Journal of Rice Science, 2008, 22(3): 313-320 (In Chinese).
16. Yueping He & Jinliang Shen. The genetic origin and molecular basic of the evolution of insect resistance to insecticides. Chinese Bulletin of Entomology, 2008, 45(3): 188–194 (In Chinese).
17. Yueping He, Fengyi Liu, Zhiping Xu & Jinliang Shen. The dominance levels and evolution of insect resistance to insecticides. Chinese Bulletin of Entomology, 2007, 44(2):186-190 (In Chinese).